Saturday, February 23, 2013

REVIEW: Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

Let me just say that I normally love Revlon lip products. Lip butters, Kissable balm stains, Super Lustrous lipsticks, all are in heavy rotation on my lips.

When I saw the new displays for the Ultimate Suede lipsticks I couldn't wait to try them. The colors were all vaguely fashion inspired and I picked up Fashionista which was a warm rosey brick color.

When swatched on the hand the texture was buttery smooth and felt quite moisturizing. HA how fooled I was... On the lips the color was lovely and glided on feeling a lot like the lip butters which I love.

After a few minutes tho, this lipstick goes Dr Jekyll on you and transforms into a sticky, demi-matte finish that is nothing short of unpleasant. The once glossy color becomes dull and luster less and the pigment starts to settle into fine lines and bleed around the edges even with a lip liner. Every time I press my lips together they stick like Post It notes.

Once it sets into that semi matte texture, my lips remind me of the 90s cholla just missing the ultra dark liner and feel like they are in dire need of a gloss.


This was one of the few times I had to wipe it off because the tacky feeling grossed me out. Sorry no comments on how long this stuff wears, this one is going into the DUDS pile

PIGMENTATION - B
TEXTURE - D
PACKAGING - C

OVERALL: C-







No comments:

Post a Comment