Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another month of meh from Birchbox February 2013

Ok Birchbox, seriously, I'm putting you on notice. There has to be a way to better profile your customers. Either a better questionnaire at the beginning so I can tell you directly I am not interested in skin care or hair care or food items. Or you need to keep track of the reviews of the items I receive and use some fancy algorithm to figure out what I'd really like. Cause the last few boxes have been duds for me and Ipsy is making you look really bad.

This month's box consisted of:

LancĂ´me Hypnose Star mascara - volumizes nicely but doesn't hold a curl so I have lovely thick lashes that point straight out.  And the stuff is flaking all over my cheeks - lovely.

Jouer Matte Tint in Hazel - BB cream light, the finish is nice, but there is almost no coverage and I likes me some medium coverage to hide my sun damage.  If I don't want to wear foundation I'll be reaching for my Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, not this.

Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Brightener - I'm actually curious to see if this works because my cheeks have a good bit of sun damage.

Skin & Co Roma Sicilian Body gel - shower gel that smells nice enough but nothing terribly exciting.

I get excited every month when the pink box comes only to feel meh about it when I open it.

Glossybox thoughts, anyone?  I just signed up for Glossybox and between that and Ipsy I hope I will satisfied in my monthly beauty box needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment