Monday, February 11, 2013

REVIEW: Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks

The YouTube and blogosphere has been abuzz lately about these Neutrogena MoistureSticks and after seeing Emily from emilynoel83 post a glowing review about them on YouTube I had to check it out.

They are one of those twist up fat lip crayons in a similar vein to Tarte's LipSurgence, Clinique's Chubby Stick, and Revlon's Kissable Balm Stains. I believe CoverGirl also has one out now but I have yet to try it.

Just to cut to the chase - I. LOVE. THESE.

They are smooth and buttery in texture similar to the Tarte version, and actually live up to the hype about leaving your lips in better condition than before application. I have even reached for this and applied it before bed like I would normally do with my EOS lip balms, and woke up with smooth soft lips. The form factor is great for no fuss application and no sharpening is required which is nice.

The color lasts for 2-3 hours before needing touch ups on me and it is not a super pigmented or long wearing formula. It gives your lips a lovely wash of color and keeps them very moisturized. I'm going to have to say that I like these even better than the Revlon Lip Butters which I do like A LOT.

I picked two colors up during a BOGO 50% off sale at CVS and they were retailing around $10-11 each before the sale. Like the entire Neutrogena line I thought they were a bit over priced but I will be definitely picking up a few more colors.

Sweet Watermelon - shimmery bubble gum pink

Soft Raspberry - cool mauvey pink





3 comments:

  1. Saw these at CVS this morning. Love the colors. Way better than the Revlon color which I thought are too bright or just weird ;) I want to get the Raspberry and the shade next to it, which I can't remember the name of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really nice on the lips and are very moisturizing so you can save the whole lip balm step entirely

    ReplyDelete
  3. should go to Rite Aid. They just had a 40% off sale this week for all neutrogena products! cheaper than CVS =)

    ReplyDelete