Saturday, February 16, 2013

REVIEW: Makeup brushes from EBay - Insanely great!

For the record, I am not a makeup brush snob. I do not own a full kit of MAC brushes or know all of the brush numbers by heart. I have plenty of EcoTools, Real Techniques and drugstore brand brushes in my collection. That being said, if I could afford it I would absolutely invest in a set of quality brushes. The density of the bristles, the quality of the animal or synthetic fibers make a huge difference in make up application.

I own a couple of Laura Mercier, MAC and Bobbi Brown brushes and really enjoy using them.

Recently I found a set of Bobbi Brown travel sizes brushes with a case on EBay for a little under $10.

In comparison the Bobbi Brown essential brush kit that only gives you SIX brushes retails for $188. Yah, that wasn't a typo. Single brushes cost between $25-40 a piece. There had to be a catch, either the brushes were defective, or cheaply made knockoffs or fell off a makeup truck in China? Do they have make up trucks in China?

Anyhow it was only a $10 loss if the set was crap so I bought it. Shipping from China took about 2.5 wks and when the set came in I was pretty blown away. The brushes looked and felt identical in quality to the existing authentic Bobbi Brown brushes I already owned. The density and softness of the brushes are excellent and the only blemish is a misspelling on one of the eye brushes.

You can compare the two of my own Bobbi Brown brushes at the bottom of the last photo. Trust me tho, they are fabulous

Amazing! I would absolutely recommend picking up a set if you are inclined and I've ordered a 24 piece set of MAC brushes from them for the ridiculous price of $23.98 with free shipping.

MAC 217 you will be mine!







3 comments:

  1. Cool! I get my make up brushes from the art store. Best liner brushes ever. The "expensive" ones cost less than the makeup brushes and they don't lose their bristles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind me asking, do you have the link to the ebay store or item page? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi will you be able to tell me the vendor's name u bought it from ..they look fab
    Great blog btw
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete