Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Julep Maven box for February

I am a polish addict. Well to be fair I am addicted to cosmetics in general, but I do love me a good nail polish.

I recently signed up for the Julep Maven subscription service and received my first box at the beginning of February. I was pleasantly surprised with the contents :

Ginger - a shimmery beige polish
Laura - a dusty olive cream
Freedom polymer top coat
Oxygen nail treatment
Eyelash curler

While the polishes were pretty enough, I was very pleased with the top coat. It is very close to displacing Seche Vite as my go to top coat. The wear is really good, dry time isn't quite as fast as Seche Vite and you need to wait a couple minutes for your polish to set before applying it. But I like that it is no where as gloppy as the Seche Vite gets.

My main complaints about the Julep version is that it's less than half the amount of the Seche Vite, and not nearly as easily accessible.

My previous Julep box had polish drying drops (just ok) and cuticle oil (love this) as the extras. Keep it up Julep and Ill be singing the Maven subscription praises to the skies.

Oh and don't send me crap like fruity nut bars - I'm looking at you Birchbox.





1 comment:

  1. How's the eye lash curler? The Shu Uemura one I used to buy is no longer available here :(

    ReplyDelete