Sunday, March 3, 2013

The 10 minute make up effect

A lot of busy moms forego putting makeup on because they are short on time, don't see the point or don't know how to apply it very well to make it worth the effort. This was me for a really long time but in the last 6 months or so I've come to see it as a way to really perk yourself up in the morning and help you face the day feeling confident about how you look. That extra bit of polish can really elevate my mood, and who doesn't want to feel pretty?

The left side of my face is completely bare, the right side has makeup on it. Not enough to have it be noticeable, it is a natural no makeup look that just smoothes over imperfections and makes me look less haggard no matter how tired I may actually be. This can be done in about 10 minutes, 5 if you skip a couple of steps.

The bare minimum is a foundation/BB cream or tinted moisturizer to even out your skin, brow pencil to fill in the sparse areas (this makes a huge difference!), curl your lashes and add a couple swipes of mascara to open up the eyes, then a touch of blush to perk up your face.

I added a rosy nude lip liner to deepen the natural color of my lips, some bronzer to contour my cheeks and make my face look skinnier, concealer for my dark circles and a touch of cream shadow I could just swipe onto my lids. These are optional if you are short on time.

On me:
Covergirl 3in1 Stay Fabulous Foundation in Medium Beige
Lioele Auto Artist brow pencil in Grey
Wet & Wild Blush in Pearlescent Pink
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
NYX Mosaic Powder in Highlighter
Rimmel Lipliner in Eastend Snob
Maybelline One by One Mascara
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Maybelline Age Rewind Undereye Concealer in Neutralizer

Don't look behind the curtain, there is nothing to see here, it's all magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment