Wednesday, March 20, 2013

REVIEW: TestTube - New Beauty's contribution to the monthly beautysubscription

I've tried a few monthly beauty subscription services so far - Birchbox ($10/month), Ipsy Glambag ($10/month), Glossybox ($21/month), Julep Maven ($19.99/month), and now New Beauty's TestTube ($29.95/every two months - so equivalent to $15/month.  I had heard about it on Emily Eddington's YouTube Channel, and she had gotten her's from QVC.  The QVC version has different products in theirs, this review is on the one you can get from the New Beauty web site.

This month's TestTube was an absolute knock it out of the park HOME RUN.  Here is what I got for my $29.95:

Full size TARTE Amazonian clay 12hr blush in Flushed - retail value $26
Full size Dr. Brandt Pores No More Cleanser 3.5oz - retail value $35 (this retail cost of product alone is more than the entire TestTube!)
Stila Face The Day Multi Use Moisturizing Gel Cream - deluxe sample - value $11
Full Size Mally EverColor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Midnight - retail value $15 (forgot to put this into the photo - oops)
ColorScience SunForgettable SPF30 powder - $10.95
Simple Makeup Removing Cleansing wipes - $1.40
Vichy LiftActive Serum and EyeCream - $8

So I got about $108 worth of products for $30!

This subscription has completely blown Birchbox,  Ipsy and Glossybox out of the water.  It's less than I pay for Glossybox, and the contents were far superior.  If this month's Glossybox isn't amazing, I'm so dumping you.


The stand out product so far has been the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Blush.  I love this product and own it in two other colors.  It lives up to its long wear claims, it is HIGHLY pigmented, and when applied with a light hand SPARINGLY, it gives you the most beautiful natural looking flush.  Just stunning.   I have used the cleanser once so far, and am still working on an opinion for that.  The ColorScience mineral sunscreen might be a good choice for those days that I want to add some better sun protection over a foundation that might have a lower SPF than the SPF 30 I prefer to wear daily.

The value of this subscription is EASILY proven to be far exceeding the cost to me, and I can't wait to see what the next TestTube has in store for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment