Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cracked and dry heels? Get thee to Costco ASAP

Summer is coming.  No white walkers to worry about thankfully but my feet are going to be out on display quite a bit with the warmer weather.  This was posing a bit of a dilemma because my feet have been sorely neglected all fall and winter long.

I have dry, cracked, peeling just plain nasty heels.  We are talking they snag on the carpet they are so bad.  Scraggly feet we will call them.  I have tried everything.  Pumice stones, foot scrubs, salon pedicures (this gets pricey!) and the tried and true Petroleum jelly with socks on at night.  The last works ok but soon as I forget a few days, the scraggle feet come back.

It is so bad that I would curl my feet away from my husband's in bed cause I was worried my heels would scratch his feet.  Nasty.

Anyhow.  The other day I was wandering the aisles at Costco, going from sample station to sample station and stocking up on things I have little need for (26 lbs of pistachios anyone?) I stumbled upon an unassuming little foot pedicure exfoliator.

Retails for around $20 at Costco
 You can find it over by the soaps/cosmetics and hopefully the Costco near you carries it, because this my friends, is MAGIC.

Even comes with batteries included!
 You use it on dry heels, and you just rub it along the dry parts and it sloughs off the dead and dry skin.  If you have a lot there will generate a ton of dust, also known as scraggle powder.  I suggest you lay out a towel under where you will be de-scraggling your feet for easy clean up.  I was dubious at the packaging's claim that it would be a huge difference in just one use.  I purchased a Clarisonic style pedi thing before with a pumice stone attachment and that was an epic fail - so call me a skeptical customer.

After two days of use - NO SCRAGGLY FEET
I have used it for two days and never before have I gotten anything like the results above.  I'm kicking myself for not having a before photo - but trust me, my feet were perma-sock material.  Now I am looking forward to a barefoot summer and lots of footsies with my man.  You still should moisturize your feet, but this will remove that layer of dead skin and make them feel like a baby's butt.

I love this product so much I am getting one for my mom - who is the original Scraggle foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment