Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Instant volumizer for fine, flat hair

My hair is flat.  Like a pancake.  Getting any sort of volume into it is an ordeal and it can't hold a curl if my life depended on it.  I don't like teasing my hair because trying to run my fingers through it afterwards makes me think it's like a rats nest and who wants that on their head.


I had been hearing about new dry shampoo sprays coming on the market lately but avoided them because of the dreaded grey cast they often leave on people with very dark hair.  I also don't like the idea of going more than a day or two without washing my hair with a liquid shampoo.  I don't trust a dry shampoo to do much more than fragrance my hair.  

Since my hair can get oily and I work out regularly, the idea of using a dry shampoo after a particularly sweat session just icks me out.  That being said I am mostly going to review the volumizing aspects of this product.

You spray it into your roots and let it sit for a few minutes, then work it into your scalp with your fingertips.  I used it on slightly limp hair that hadn't been washed in a day and a half.  After the first couple of sprays it leaves a white powder on your hair but disappears into your scalp as you work it in and it absorbs the oil.  The scent is pretty strong with a vaguely floral tone to it, not unpleasant but if you are sensitive to perfumes this might not work for you.  

After working it into my hair really well,  I was pleasantly surprised to find that my locks were definitely fuller. I'd say as much volume as if I had teased the under layer with a comb, without the damage to my hair.  It also did a good job of both freshening my hair as well as absorbing the oils and perked up my hairdo.

I probably would not recommend this as a full time shampoo because I could see the powder building up on your scalp and that just sounds foul.  I wouldn't use it after a workout unless you REALLY had to be somewhere fast because  not sure it could completely absorb all the sweat in your hair.

Overall a pretty good product that fits into a niche and is worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment