Saturday, January 26, 2013

Zoya 3 for Free polishes

If you didn't get in on the recent deal from Zoya where you could get three of their polishes and only pay $10 in shipping, you missed out. Regularly Zoya polishes retail for $8 a piece so you would have saved yourself $24!

I took advantage of the opportunity to pick up a few I had been coveting for some time. The minimal outlay of cash did a good job of assuaging my polish stash guilt.

Blaze - cranberry with pink and silver micro glitter - my favorite of the bunch. It is opaque after two coats, just ignore the slightly streaky nature of the first coat. All will be well trust me. The formula was pleasant with the strokes self leveling smoothly and the end result a gorgeous jelly sandwich without the work of actually having to layer polishes.

Storm - holographic micro glitter in a black base. Oh how I had desired thee, trying to replicate you with other black polishes and layering WnW's Hannah Pinktana over, pretending it was you. How disappointing was it to realize that my dreams of you were more satisfying than the actual reality of you. Gloppy and thick, the application was awkward trying to get even coats laid down. Luckily only two were needed for opacity.

Feifei - a blue gold and silver microglitter - I'd read the reviews and I'd have to agree that Zoya overstated the opacity of this one. It took me 4-5 coats to get complete opacity and by then I felt like I had Lee Press on Nails on. That being said the color is quite lovely and reminds me a lot of OPI's The World is Not Enough from their Skyfall collection. TWNE has a rosy beige tone to it where Feifei leans blue.

All in all I was happy with the polishes selected, my love for Blaze eclipsing my minor disappointments with Storm and Feifei, and the price was definitely right.








When a polish doesn't live up to the hype, slap another polish you like on as a top coat. I put Revlon's Heavenly which is a clear jelly with chunky champagne colored hex glitter with bluish holo glitter over the top of Storm. Kinda neat with a bit of that mosaic tile vibe to it

1 comment:

  1. Love the Blaze and the Heavenly is pretty cool. I'm going to try mine next.

    ReplyDelete