Saturday, January 26, 2013

Orofluido - Beauty Elixir for the hair

Sometime last year I received a sample of some hair elixir in my Birchbox.  I tossed it aside and thought meh, whatever.  A few months after that I discovered it forlorn and forgotten in a drawer and tried out a couple of drops in my hair.  There was just something about it, the smell of vanilla and amber maybe, or the texture that was silky but not greasy like some hair serums (I'm looking at you Oscar Blandi), or how it tamed my fussy hair that was no longer the smooth straight glossy mane of my youth.  Before I knew it I was frantically shaking the sample of it and thumping it against my palm to get that very last drop out.

You know something is a favorite if there is thumping involved people.

Orofluido is some magical stuff, and it smoothed the fly always, calmed down the damaged hair fro, and makes your hair smell AMAZING.  It makes me think of sex, not in the post coital pool chlorine way but in the heavy petting feeling someone up sort of way.  When I went to Birchbox to order some more and saw the price, $29 for 3.4oz, I thought, "Holy shit is this stuff made of virgin midget tears or something?  You must be kidding me," closed the browser and flipped off my screen.  Fuck you Birchbox, making me crave something that CLEARLY was over priced and SURELY overrated.

A couple weeks go by and another couple of fruitless thumping sessions before I realize that I must have more of this stuff.  My hair was starting to look more like Don King's and I resented trying to use the bottle of Oscar Blandi Jasmine Elixir in its stead.  Then the genius of the marketing folks at Birchbox finally got to me.  When you subscribe to their monthly Birchbox, and religiously post a review of the items therein, you receive 10 Birchbox points per review.  100 points equates to $10 you can use in their store.  Since each box has 4-5 items you can review, it doesn't take long to rack up the points.  With the next month's Birchbox I accumulated enough points to get my Orofluido elixir for half off.  WIN.

The bottle even came with 3 samples to share with my friends for the folks at Orofluido are devious clearly.








I also purchased the shampoo and conditioner which aside from a similar scent were nothing to write home about and not worth the price tag. They are still in my shower and I still force myself to use it because they were expensive. A complete meh tho so save yourself the $$ and just get the elixir.

DISCLAIMER - I am not affiliated with either Birchbox or Orofluido, I purchased these items with my own money and these are entirely my own thoughts on the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment